Adoption Program Volunteers
Many of our volunteers leave the Adoption Program not realizing how they can further contribute to Free Geek.
This page is designed to help a person organize the Adoption Graduates who want to further volunteer at FG
Contacting Adoption Graduates
- Use Spreadsheet to access Adoption Graduates who wanted to volunteer again
- Check and see who is currently volunteering
- Call those who are not!
- Introduce self as a volunteer (if this is true!) and ask if s/he would like to volunteer some more
- Introduce the Build Program. If s/he is interested, redirect them to the Front Desk where they can sign up for a shift
- Instruct them to ask to be signed up for Card & Motherboard sorting
- If not interested in Build, give the option of doing more Receiving/Recycling Shifts OR being placed on a "Skill List" where FG organizes interested volunteers for Big Projects i.e. Building Things/Carpentry, Reorganization/Moving Things, Painting, Sew Crafty Night.
- Finally ask each person if s/he would like to be contacted in May regarding volunteer opportunities at the Geek Fair happening in June/July
- [Build Program]
- additional shifts in the Adoption Areas
- BIG PROJECTS
- 1. Build Program
- The build Program is a great way to learn how to build computers. You don't have to know ANYTHING about computers to start, and it is a self-paced program, usually taking about 60-80 hours, or 2-3 months.
- Participants build 6 computers, learning card sorting, evaluating hardware, quality control,assembly and installation
- Once completing the Build Program, there are additional educational options:
- 2. Additional Shifts in Adoption Areas
- 3. Big Projects
- Building things
- Wall Painting
- Moving Stuff/Reorganization
- Geek Fair
- Everything Else!
Note: Spreadsheets available on Free Geek's internal application server under outreach