Biscuits and Gravy
- 20 cups flour (some combination of white and wheat)
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (good sugar)
- 2/3 cup bkng pwdr
mix and set aside.
- 2-3 zuccini
- 2-3 carrots
- 1-2 beets
shread finely, then wrap in a clean towel and squeeze all the juice out. put the bits into the dry mix. save the juice.
- 2 cups soy milk
- the vegetable juice
- 4 cups water minus the amount of vegetable juice squeezed
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable oil
combine the wet and dry. mix minimally, but thoroughly. throw down flour and roll the dough out. dust with flour and fold once to make "easy-open" layer. cut circles with cutter, or use a knife to make squares. bake at 350 farenheit, rotating once or twice, for around 30 minutes, or until the bottoms are browned and the centers are cooked. if you cut your biscuits really big, you'll want to turn down the temperature and increase the baking time.
if you use a high-power juicer for shreading the veggies, things would be easier.
- much onions
- some garlic
- oil enough to cover onions and garlic
and cook them on medium to med-high until the onions are translucent.
- flour enough to soak up the oil into a paste
- nutritional yeast equal to the flour
- about the same amount of soy sauce
and cook for 5-10 minutes on low.
- 4 times as much *unsweetened* soy milk as flour
add the milk in slowly, and stop at a consistency you like. you can always add more liquid later. heat everything up to temperature and it's ready.
- no soy sauce, use garbonzo miso (after cooking) or salt.
- no soy milk, use almond butter and water.
- fry tvp in oil and black pepper, then add it to the gravy.