Bookkeeper and Internal Tech Support
The Bookkeeper and Internal Tech Support job at Free Geek is designed to provide support to Free Geek staff in the areas of bookkeeping and internal tech support (for staff and core volunteers).
General Responsibilities for All Areas
- Proactively communicate with other Free Geek staff, especially other apprentices, and volunteers about the needs of all areas
- Keep abreast of relevant (and frequent) emails
- Help keep areas in line with Free Geek philosophy and capabilities
- Performs all work to the level expected of a committed (document in development).
- Oversee maintenance of Free Geek's books
- Work with other staff in developing and reviewing data entry procedures.
- Work with other staff in setting up accounts in the books as needed.
- Data entry into books (along with other staff members).
Internal Tech Support
- Troubleshooting printer problems for staff and volunteers
- Help with tech problems in classroom
- Setting up user accounts and emails, etc.
- Other technical systems (phone, credit card machines, etc.).
- Reporting bugs and problems to system administrators.
Check Accounts Wrangler page.
- This person will support various collective members with accounts wrangling as needed.
- Be able to maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times in a sometimes chaotic environment
- Strong organizational skills (you like to put stuff in order)
- Communicate, fluently, in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Proficiency with using e-mail and Internet
- Ability to learn Free Geek documentation tools (RT and wiki)
- Comfortable with and capable of coordinating others
- Be reliable & on-time
- Money-handling experience
- Fluency in another language
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress in a somewhat chaotic setting and maintain a positive attitude. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions, and will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.