Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a drink. I dreamed up two thirds of it and then googled the ingredients to get something like this.
Makes one drink:
- 1 shot lime juice
- 1/2 shot real maple syrup
- 2 shots dark rum
- some chunky ice
Pour in a jar, screw on lid, shake.
Pour from jar into an old fashioned glass and sip.
- lime juice
- A fresh squeezed lime is best. One lime produces about one shot of juice. An acceptable alternative is bottled pure lime juice. I recently used reconstituted key lime juice for an acceptable drink.
- maple syrup
- The real stuff, not fake maple flavored syrup. (Some versions use maple sugar instead of maple syrup.)
- Dark aged rum (not spiced rum). I use Flor de Caña, because I learned to like it back in the day in Nicaragua. The 7 year stuff is great for sipping straight. The 5 year stuff also works well as a sipping rum. For a mixed drink like this, the 4 year stuff is adequate and cheaper.
- Regular ice cubes will do. I prefer a bit smaller.