Jump to navigation Jump to search
- grab a DVD drive
- jumper it so that the drive is a master
- plug the dvd-rom into the machine. Remember both the power and the ribbon cable.
- boot the computer (the computer will automatically login you into a GUI)
- put some kind of dvd in to the dvd drive (after it starts up).
- Play a movie using VLC. play the movie for a while.
- make sure you can hear sound, and that the movie isn't jittery.
- make a label for the DVD player. (It should say "dvd player OK")
- if you have a combo drive like a dvd + CD R/RW Please perform those tests.
- turn off the computer, Remove the Drive, Place the Sticker(s) on the drive and put it in the outgoing box.