Jump to navigation Jump to search
Each morning fresh tills need to be distributed to the Donor Desk and the Thrift Store. This is a fairly straightforward procedure.
- Fresh tills belong in the safe in the third shelf (from the top). These should have neatly counted money in them and a fresh till worksheet.
- There are three sets of tills. Each is marked with a number (1-3). Each set contains a till marked "Thrift Store" and one marked "Front Desk".
- The top drawer is not needed.
- The second drawer is only needed in an emergency.
- You need someone with a safe key to do this.
- Pull the tills from the third shelf.
- Check to see if the numbers match, and that there is one for each location.
- If there is a problem, see below.
- Leave the third safe door open, exposing an empty shelf.
- Distribute the tills to the donor desk and thrift store.
- Collect the credit card machine tapes from each location.
- Collect the receiving tally slips from the donor desk
- Bring all tapes and slips back to the escape hatch.
- Leave on the table.
- Check the bottom shelf in the safe for a clean set of tills.
- If found, move one clean set up to the third shelf and lock both safe doors.
- If no clean tills are found lock only the bottom safe door. Leave the third safe door open, exposing an empty shelf.
- If the third shelf does not contain any clean tills,
- open and look on the bottom shelf for a clean set of tills. If found, swap the clean set into the third shelf, and the used set into the bottom shelf. Lock the bottom shelf and proceed from step 2 above.
- If there are no clean tills,
- This means that someone messed up. This rarely happens. Follow the emergency till counting procedure below:
Emergency till counting procedure
Normally, you don't need to do this. Be sure you actually do need to before proceeding.
- Take all the money and paperwork from the used thrift store till and place in an envelope. Write a note, saying the date and "Thrift Store" on it. Put in envelope.
- Take all the money and paperwork from the used front desk till and place in an envelope. Write a note, saying the date and "Front Desk" on it. Put in envelope.
- Take $100 from the cash box and "change for tills" envelope (in the second door from the top). Put this into the front desk till.
- Take $250 from the cash box and "change for tills" envelope (in the second door from the top). Put this into the thrift store till.
- Distribute these tills using the regular procedure.
- Alert the beancounters that the tills were not ready.