Facilities Maintenance Job Description
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has been requested to be deleted.
page is out of date This job is overseen by those on the Action Committee.
- Accomplish tasks on the Facility page.
- Maintain, repair, and replace electrical appliances, light switches and fixtures, fans, receptacles, and fluorescent ballasts on the premises of free geek not exceeding 300 volts to ground.
- Accomplish general maintenance. Namely,
- Plumbing (leaks, breaks,toilets, faucets),
- Electrical (checking, basic repairs, improvements),
- Changing HVAC filters,
- Non load-bearing wall repairs, and
- Doors (locks, hinges, and striker plates).
- Complete tasks started by staff/volunteers as necessary.
- Complete other tasks as deemed necessary by staff/Action committee.
- If possible, use RT to look up needed maintenance and record tasks accomplished.
- Assist Action Committee in researching and understanding code and licensing requirements for maintenance tasks.
- Hours: expect many hours of work in the beginning, slowing to a few general maintenance and emergency maintenance hours as the building gets in shape.
- This is a contractual position.