Geek Fair Booths
This is a wiki page concerning booths for GEEK FAIR.
Have Responded to Invitation (In Order):
- Disc Golf Depot
- Re-Direct Guide ~ Requested Waver on $25.00 Fee
- Oregon Bus Project
- Personal Telco Project, Inc.
- Red & Black (not in food area -- no food served) ~ Requested Waver on $25.00 Fee
- Scrap ~ Requested Waver on $25.00 Fee
- PLUG ~ Requested Waver on $25.00 Fee
- Leggo Robotics
- Free Geek Info
- Smoothies ~ Back in Booth Mix Again.
- Laughing Horse
Canopies & Tables
- Renting Canopies - Oso has count to add to rental.
- Buying a Canopies - Two To Come From Costco
- Renting Tables - Osa has count to add to rental
- Hoping to get Donated Tables - Undetermind
Paid / Waved
- Re-Direct Guide ~ Waved
- Red & Black ~ Waved
- Scrap ~ Waved
- PLUG ~ Waved
- Lego Robotics ~ Waved
Need to Pay
- Disc Golf Depot ~ Tami with Cover $$
- People's ~ have responded + to confirmation
- Oregon Bus Project
- Personal Telco Project, Inc.
- Laughing Horse
West Sidewalk (Left to Right)
- Free Geek
- Red & Black Cafe
- Peoples Food Co-Op
- Bus Project
- Personal Telco
- Laughing Horse
East Sidewalk (Left to Right)
- Smoothie Machine
- Lego Robotic
- Disc Golf Depot
- Water Station
- Association of Oregon Recyclers, info@AORR.org, http://www.aorr.org/
- BARK, email@example.com, http://www.bark-out.org/
- Bicycle Transportation Alliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.bta4bikes.org/
- City Repair, email@example.com, http://www.cityrepair.org/
- Clackamas land trust, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.nwhousing.org/
- Coalition for a Livable Future, email@example.com , http://www.clfuture.org/
- Community Cycling Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.communitycyclingcenter.org/
- Earth Charter, email@example.com, http://www.xprt.net/
- Ecotrust, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.ecotrust.org/
- Flex Car, email@example.com, http://www.flexcar.com/
- Friends of the Reservoirs (CSAW), firstname.lastname@example.org, http://friendsofreservoirs.org/
- Friends of trees, email@example.com, http://www.friendsoftrees.org/
- Girls Incorporated of NW Oregon, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.girlsinitiativenetwork.org/
- Go Bio-Diesel, email@example.com, http://www.gobiodiesel.org/
- Green Mountain Energy, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.greenmountain.com/
- Growing Gardens, email@example.com, http://growing-gardens.org/
- Internet Professionals Northwest, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.ipn.org/
- KBOO, email@example.com, http://www.kboo.org/
- Lego Robotics, WESTWIND@ARACNET.COM,
- Living Earth, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.livingearthgatherings.org/
- Macrenewal, email@example.com, http://www.lanecrrc.org/
- Metro, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.metro-region.org/
- Mirador, email@example.com, http://www.miradorcommunitystore.com/
- National Charette Institute, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.charretteinstitute.org/
- Neighborhood News, email@example.com, http://www.myneighborhoodnews.us/
- NW RAGE/street roots, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.nwrage.com/
- Office of Sustainable Development, email@example.com, http://www.portlandonline.com/osd/
- OMSI, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.omsi.edu/
- Open Source Development Lab, email@example.com, http://www.linux-foundation.org/
- Oregon Bus Project, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.busproject.org/
- Oregon Community Warehouse, Kelly@CommunityWarehouse.org , http://www.oregoncommunitywarehouse.org/Main/Donate_1a.htm/
- Oregon Computer Consultants Association, email@example.com, http://www.occa.org/
- Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.oregonpsr.org/
- Oregon Tilth, email@example.com, http://www.tilth.org/
- Oregon Wild, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.oregonwild.org/
- Outside In, email@example.com , http://www.outsidein.org/
- People's, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.peoples.coop/
- Permaculture Guild, email@example.com, http://www.portlandpermaculture.com/
- Personal Telco, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.personaltelco.net/
- PLUG, email@example.com, http://www.pdxlinux.org/
- Portland FreeCycle, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freecycleportland/
- Portland Land Trust, email@example.com, http://www.pclt.org/
- Portland Office of Transportation, firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.pdxtrans.org/
- Portland Youth Builders, email@example.com , http://pybpdx.org/
- ReBuilding Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.rebuildingcenter.org/
- Recycling Advocates, email@example.com, http://www.recyclingadvocates.org/
- Red and black, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.redandblackcafe.com/
- ReDirect Guide, email@example.com, http://www.redirectguide.com/
- Regional Arts and Cultural Counsil, firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.racc.org/
- Revolt, email@example.com, http://www.revoltltd.org/
- SCRAP, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.scrapaction.org/
- SE neighborhood uplift, email@example.com, http://www.southeastuplift.org/
- Smoothie Machine, WESTWIND@ARACNET.COM,
- Sisters of the Road, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://sistersoftheroadcafe.org/
- Smyrc, email@example.com, http://www.cascadiabhc.org/
- Staccato, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Street Roots, email@example.com , http://www.streetroots.org/index.php/
- The Earth and Spirit Council, firstname.lastname@example.org , http://www.earthandspirit.org/
- The Portland Alliance, email@example.com, http://www.theportlandalliance.org/
- Trades Women, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.tradeswomen.net/
- Trillium Trtisans, email@example.com, http://www.trilliumartisans.org/
- TriMet, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.trimet.org/
- Volunteers of America, email@example.com, http://www.voaor.org/
- Whiz to Coho, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.whiz.to/
- Worker's Rights Education Project, email@example.com, http://portlandvoz.org/
Geek Fair 2007 Saturday, July 21st, 2007
Free Geek – Community Technology Center 1731 SE 10th Ave. Portland, OR 97214 971-235-7098 / NCC1127@gmail.com
June 24, 2007
Greetings, valued local community-beneficial organization. We would like to invite you to apply for a booth at our 2007 Geek Fair, which will be held on Saturday, July 21st, 2007 from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The fair will be located at Free Geek Community Technology Center ~ 1731 SE 10th Ave (between SE Markets and SE Mill). Geek Fair is Free Geek's annual street fair held in honor of our volunteers, staff, and like-minded organizations. The fair this year will include local musicians, great food, a kids' area, video gaming, printer smashing, an acro-balancing troupe, and so much more. We expect 800 to 1,000 attendees throughout the day.
We have a limited number of spaces and will be offering them on a first come first serve basis. The cost for each booth is $25.00 and includes; covered 6-ft table and two chairs. If you will be providing your own tent, table, chairs and/or other items that makes our equipment unnecessary to meet your needs please let us know when you submit your application.
To expedite the booth application process please send an e-mail expressing your interest to Tami (Booth Coordinator) at NCC1127@gmail.com with the following information:
ORGANIZATION NAME: CONTACT NAME AND TITLE: BOOTH OBJECTIVE (are you a non-profit?): CONTACT EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/EQUIPMENT NOTES:
Booth confirmations will be sent out via e-mail on July 14th and will include payment information/instructions. Payments will be due by July 20th.
Thanks for considering being a part of Geek Fair 2007, and we hope to see you there.
Tami Sheets Geek Fair Booth Coordinator NCC1127@gmail.com 971-235-7098
Thanks for staffing a booth at this year's Geek Fair!
Free Geek's 2007 street party promises to be fun and exciting: 16 performers, organic food, kids' activities, printer smashing, and awesome video gaming will make the day enjoyable for everyone.
I am sending this email to confirm that you're on our list and we'll be expecting you. I also want to give you some logistical info so that the people staffing your booth will know what to expect.
Add this if it applies: PAYMENT: As a reminder, your booth payment is due on July 20th. Send your check to:
Free Geek attn: Geek Fair 2007 1731 SE 10th Ave. Portland, OR 97214
WHEN/WHERE: The fair lasts from 1 pm to 7pm (Please Note Corrected Time) , and will be located at 1731 SE 10th Avenue (2.5 blocks south of Hawthorne) in front of the Free Geek facility. We'd love for your booth to be up and running the whole time, although in the past, many booths wrap it up by 5:30 or 6pm. The people staffing your booth should come to the info booth, prior to 1 pm, right in front of Free Geek's front doors to find out where to set up. Geek Fair can be reached on Tri-Met bus route numbers 14, 10, 70, or 4. For a street map of the area, go to: http://tinyurl.com/47ib
PARKING: Booth staffers are welcome to park at the corner of SE 10th and Market to drop off supplies, but then must move their cars once they are unloaded. Unfortunately, we can't offer parking in our parking lot, as we'll be using it for the event. There is timed and un-timed street parking available all around the fair.
WE'LL PROVIDE: A covered 6-foot table, two chairs, and a canopy, unless you've indicated you'll be bringing your own equipment.
WEATHER: It'll probably be hot. The people staffing your booth should be sure to bring plenty of water. Part of the fair will be inside our air-conditioned facility, so they will be able to escape the heat once in awhile if they need to.
FOOD: Vegan, vegetarian, and carnivorous food will be available for purchase from the food tent at the fair. If booth staffers want to save some money, they should bring their own.
If you have any further questions, or just need to contact me for something, send an email to or give me a call at .
Once again, thanks for helping to make this event great. We'll see you at Geek Fair!
Geek Fair Boorths http://freegeek.org/geekfair
Many thanks to Geek Fair 2007 sponsors: Full Sail Brewing Co. Backspace The Mercury New Deal Vodka