Laptop Printme Notes
This page has been requested to be deleted.
What would be helpful to have included in the Printme notes for a completed laptop? Be explicit and explain why this is helpful.
- battery life (in minutes) so that we don't get scammed when a laptop sold with a known low battery life gets brought into Tech Support (and end up replacing their battery with a good one)
- key combination that toggles the wifi on/off or if it's a physical switch where it is on the laptop (to reduce the number of laptops that come in because the "wifi broke").
- Thrift store seconds the battery life suggestion. We run in to problems all the time where the original printme is lost, so we don't know the battery life. Jesse 01:30, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- Related to this: sleep/suspend states notes, mainly to identify machines where merely closing the lid works, vs. ones that need to be shut down from the gui. There's space for this now, but not used.Tonyc
- We should incorporate a testing step for this.
- Wireless card internal/external B/G/N. Customers may return without external wifi card and we would not notice.Tonyc
- Something to think about: According to the process we have right now, laptops are coming back to the thrift store from tech support with new information that should probably be added to the notes. Who should do that update? I think it makes sense for tech support to do it.Ian 00:27, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- PCMCIA card or onboad wireless