Layoffs and Hours Reduction Survey
According to the Layoffs and Hours Reduction policy, a committee may need to be drafted to explore staff reduction options in times of financial crisis. Part of that committee's job is to gather information from existing staff members in order to draw up that list of options. This is where we can list questions that might appear in a survey to assist in that process.
NOTE: Staff members offering that their hours be cut should actually plan to work less hours. They should not volunteer to work "for free" since this can lead to an imbalance in staff expectations. Keep that statement (from the policy) in mind when answering the following questions.
THIS FORM IS DUE BY TUESDAY, MARCH 1 AT 11:00 AM -- PUT HARD COPIES INTO RICHARD'S MAIL SLOT, OR EMAIL TO RICHARD
- Your name:
- Today's Date:
- Is there anything reasonable that Free Geek could be doing that it's not that would raise more money? What?
- What areas of Free Geek are not needed to operate without losing money? How so?
- When were you hired into the Free Geek Staff Collective? (If you are a paid intern, when did your internship start?)
- How many hours are you paid to work per week at Free Geek?
- What percentage of a salary cut could you afford to take?
- Are you planning on leaving this job in the next several months?
- If so, when?
- If you were laid off, do you think you would be eligible for unemployment?
- If you were asked to take unpaid time off, how long could you last before needing to return or find other work?
- Do you want to take an unpaid leave of absence?
- For how long?
- Can you offer to reduce your hours?
- By how much?
- Temporarily or permanently?
- If temporarily, for how long?
- What parts of your job are necessary for Free Geek to operate in a financially sound way? How so?
- What parts of your job are necessary for Free Geek to meet its mission? How so?
- If your hours were reduced, how much lead time would you need to get your affairs in order?
- If your pay were reduced, how much lead time would you need to get your affairs in order?
- If you were laid off, how much lead time would you need to get your affairs in order?
- If a layoff is needed, would you volunteer to be laid off?