This page has been requested to be deleted.
This page is to help those on the Recycling Committee assign roles to themselves, and make sure everything's covered. Efficient coverage of the responsibilities of the Recyling Co-Coordinators will become more important as we process more e-waste, and especially if we start getting systems from Providence.
- Maintain and supervise recycling area(s).
- Train volunteer workers to perform required recycling tasks.
- Negotiate recycling contracts with recycling vendors.
- Schedule recycled material pickups with recycling/transportation vendors.
- Record quantity and weight data from vendors for use in monthly/yearly reports.
- Organize recycled materials storage in the warehouse (coordinate with Operations).
- Research and evaluate best environmental practices for material recycling.
- Research and evaluate markets for recycled materials.
- Give tours of recycling operation to visitors.
- Make sure gaylords for receiving are out
- Maintain area's cleanliness and safety
- Greet volunteers
- Start volunteers on tasks and check in
- Make sure regular and advanced recycling are covered on a daily basis
- Make sure tools are present, they're working and safe and there are enough of them
- Load and unload trucks
- Schedule pickups
- Negotiate contracts
- Research new companies/pricing structures/markets
- Reorganize the space
- Analyze the efficiency of workflow and procedures