Recycling Program Coordinator 1
Summary of Job Duties
Do you like stuff? Do you like smashing? Do you like smashing stuff? Can you walk chaos around on a leash? If so, this is the job for you!
This is a job in a worker collective. Your first three to six months would be as a provisional member of the collective. At the end of that time our decision whether or not to bring you on as a permanent collective member will be made through a peer review process.
- Maintain and supervise recycling area(s).
- Train volunteer workers to perform required recycling tasks.
- Negotiate with recycling vendors.
- Schedule recycled material pickups with recycling/transportation vendors.
- Record quantity and weight data from vendors for use in monthly/yearly reports.
- Organize recycled materials storage in the warehouse (coordinate with Reuse Program).
- Research, evaluate, and implement best environmental practices for material recycling.
- Research and evaluate markets for recycled materials.
- Document processes and procedures of Recycling Program.
- Give tours of recycling operation to visitors.
- Participate in collective management structure.
- Volunteer coordination.
- Basic computer knowledge, use of web browser, email and word processor, database and spreadsheet.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Patient and courteous with the public.
- Forklift operation (training available).
- Pallet jack operation.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress in a somewhat chaotic setting and maintain a positive attitude. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions but will be able to upkeep the area almost entirely without supervision. The candidate will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.