Recycling Program Coordinator 2
Summary of Job Duties
Do you like talking? Do you like educating new Super Recyclers? And like smashing stuff? If so, this is the job for you!
This is a job in a worker collective. Your first six months would be as a provisional member of the collective. At the end of that time our decision whether or not to bring you on as a permanent collective member will be made through a peer review process.
- Train volunteer workers in all areas of Free Geek, especially recycling.
- Ensure that safety standards and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Stock and maintain safety station.
- Maintain and supervise recycling area(s).
- Coordinate group volunteering.
- Document processes and procedures of Recycling Program.
- Assist Recycling Program Coordinator 1 as needed with:
- recycling vendors negotiations.
- scheduling recycled material pickups with recycling/transportation vendors.
- researching, evaluating, and implementing best environmental practices for material recycling.
- researching and evaluating markets for recycled materials.
- Participate in collective management structure.
- Give tours of recycling operation to visitors.
- Volunteer coordination experience.
- Basic computer knowledge, use of web browser, email and word processor, database and spreadsheet.
- Able to multi-task.
- Patient and courteous with the public.
- Forklift operation (training available).
- Pallet jack operation.
- Able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Able to work in an informal, friendly environment with a diverse staff
- Work well under stress in an unusual setting, maintaining a positive attitude even in the face of adversity
- Able to work and communicate well in a collectively-run organization
- Able to work in a consensus decision making process related to staff and policy issues
- Not afraid to ask questions, but able to work on projects almost entirely without supervision
- Able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress in a somewhat chaotic setting and maintain a positive attitude. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions but will be able to upkeep the area almost entirely without supervision. The candidate will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.