Recycling Volunteer Intern
This page has been migrated to a document on Free Geek's Google Drive.
Information remaining behind may no longer be relevant.
When you have tagged this page as migrated,
(Link to new page immediately below.)
Job Title: Recycling Intern
- Learn recycling process for volunteers
- Teach process to new volunteers
- Staff tool check-out station
- If appropriate, perform and teach some advanced recycling tasks
- If appropriate, perform specialized recycling tasks
- If appropriate, perform simple warehouse management, including pallet-jacking materials
- Quick learner
- Pleasant presence
- Prioritization skills
- Not afraid of getting dirty
- Interest in learning about e-waste recycling practices
- An interest in teaching people from a range of backgrounds
- Experience using hand tools a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
The ideal candidate will be able to work well under stress and maintain a positive attitude in a relatively chaotic setting. The candidate will not be afraid to ask questions, but will be able to work on projects with minimal supervision. The candidate will be able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable job skills, make a difference for people and the environment, and make connections in the community. Active volunteers are eligible to receive a 20% discount on items in the Free Geek Thrift Store and to become a member of the First Tech Credit Union. Free Geek also offers free computer classes to volunteers. In addition, interns can choose to receive a free computer after volunteering 24 hours in our internship program.
Please fill out our interest form, and we'll get back to you soon.