System Evaluation Overview
This page has been migrated to a document on Free Geek's Google Drive.
Information remaining behind may no longer be relevant.
When you have tagged this page as migrated,
(Link to new page immediately below.)
Filling out a KEEPER label
- Count the DDR slots and circle the correct number.
- For AMD chips:
- Circle AMD in the "Proc Type" section
- Write the processor model number in the "Processor Information" area
- For Intel and other chips:
- Circle the processor type (or write next to "Other")
- Write the processor speed in the "Processor Information" area
- If there are any SATA connectors on the motherboard circle the appropriate number
- Keep in mind that SATA ports my be directed parallel to the motherboard.
- If there are any IDE connectors on the motherboard circle the appropriate number
- Make sure not to count Floppy counters as IDE connectors. IDE connectors have 40 pins and pin missing in the middle. Floppy have 34-pins and 1-2 pins missing near the end.
- If the system has a dual core processor, check the Dual Core box
- If the system did not POST successfully, check the Did not POST box
- If there are any PCIe slots, circle PCI-e
- If there is an AGP slot, circle AGP
- If there is an on-board video connector, circle OnBoard
- Remember to put your initials in the appropriate box
NOTE: If a system has no brand name on it, then it is not on this incompatibles list.
- DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation)
- Silicon Graphics (SGI)
- Indy (they're blue)
- anything with the label RISC on it
Exceptional Components List
English Version: System_Evaluation_Overview
Versión española: System_Evaluation_Overview_en_Español