That Man Behind the Curtain
This page has been requested to be deleted.
- Prebuild Coordination
- Develop and maintain process and documentation for Hardware Identification, and System Evaluation
- Teach volunteers working in those areas
- Coordinate prebuild needs with build, advanced testing, alt build, receiving, front desk, and recycling
- Train and wrangle volunteer interns in that area.
- Bookkeeping and Budgeting Oversight
- Oversee paying of bills, recording of income, reconciling of accounts.
- Develop and maintain process and documentation for till management.
- Coordinate with front desk and store regarding tills.
- Write checks for reimbursement.
- Backup office coordinator as person who gathers hours from staff and ensure paychecks are created and disbursed.
- Work with treasurer, board, staff, and council to develop budget.
- Big Picture, Organizational Development
- Think ahead of the organization and develop proposals for staff, board, and council.
- Build consensus around proposals for the direction Free Geek should take.
- Make sure people know how to implement their ideas.
- Staff scheduling
- Schedule staff for work shifts
- recruit substitutes to fill in.
- Work with staff and co-schedulers Dave and Laurel on making schedule fit needs of Free Geek better.
- Technical infrastructure
- General system administration
- Help users gets accounts set up
- Extract information from database
- Work with technocrats and coders on database application development priorities.
- Moderate email lists
- This entails being on all the lists to handle incoming spam.
- I am now sharing some of the moderation duties with other staff members, especially in regards to approving new list members.