Beginning Wiki Editing
Here's some helpful formatting tips. Just click on the 'edit' tab above to see how to format everything
Note how a dotted line surrounding a pink textbox above? This happens when you hit the spacebar before you start typing a new line.
Also, take note how the Contents box is structured
Food I Love
how to use bullet points
- everything Thai, especially coconut milk
- bagels with cream cheese and all sorts of veggies
- big ol' salad with nuts and fruit
- pizza made within 60 miles of NYC
Restaurants I Like
how to make a numbered list
- Pad Thai Kitchen on SE Belmont
- Biwa on SE Ash
- Luiz introduced me to authentic Japanese noodle bowls with fried pork belly on top
- to include a bullet point in a numbered list (and not mess up your numbered list), use #*
- Oba in the Pearl District
- only during their happy hour because the food and margaritas are cheap
- Toro Bravo on NE Russell
- they do an awesome job at innovative tapas - lotsa meat
- sub point
- another sub point
- sub-sub point
- sub-sub-sub point
- sub-sub point
- something else
Other Fun Stuff
- indenting without a bullet point
- when you start a new line with a colon, it indents without a bullet point
- want to link to another page on the wiki? use [[ ]] and put the page name in between the brackets
- if you misspell the page name, the link will appear in RED, like this Usre:Ali
- you can link to another page and have the text that appears say something other than the page you're linking to
- for example: Interested in the learning about the future of Free Geek? Try looking here
- note the |here after the page name
- want to create a new page? it's somewhat odd, but easy enough.
- First, you'll type the name of the page you want to create in the Search box (not the google search) and click the "Go" button
- Then a page will appear that says There is no page titled ":YOUR NEW PAGE". You can create this page.
- So then click on the link create this page and start typing!
- for making flow charts, see my user page
Upload a File
- Login and then you will see a link in the left hand column that says "Upload file".