Advances on payroll to staff members
This page has been migrated to a document on Free Geek's Google Drive.
Information remaining behind may no longer be relevant.
When you have tagged this page as migrated,
(Link to new page immediately below.)
We have an actual procedure in place for advances. This page is outdated. Please speak to HR if you want or need an advance. -- Mkille 23:49, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
Body that set the policy(s) on [lists.freegeek_meeting_Minutes Date Adopted].
There is no guarantee that Free Geek will be able to give an advance to a staff member, however we recognize that there will occasionally be a need for an advance.
- Advances should be cleared through the beancounters group.
- An advance should not exceed forty percent of the amount the worker normally receives in a paycheck (before taxes).
- Advances should not be routinely given out over several consecutive months.
- In no circumstances will an advance be given out if the beancounters group believes there will not be enough funds to cover the advance and the normal cash flow needs of Free Geek.
- If the total amount owed exceeds forty percent of the worker's normal paycheck (before taxes) or if there has been no payment in a three month period, then beancounters will arrange for automatic deductions that would pay off the debt within a year's time.
- Staff may get paid early: A staff member may receive an advance for up to her whole paycheck if it is paid back with her next paycheck.