This is one of the most important jobs at Free Geek since we see over a hundred volunteer and donors come through our doors daily. Clean bathrooms are a service to humanity. This is the first task volunteer cleaners should start with. Thank you for your contribution to public health!
Basic Howto for Cleaning Bathrooms
- wipe down with cleaning product and sponges from the supply room.
- toilet (use a disinfectant)
- mirror (use glass cleaner)
- sink (use regular detergant)
- refill all soap dispensers with 50:50 solution of soap & water
- check toilet paper situation (please don't put out more than 2 rolls at once in each bathroom)
- check towel dispensers (The Donor Desk has a key)
- mop floor
- fill mop bucket in shower
- empty mop bucket (in the shower) when you're done!
- swap out old magazines for new reading materials (there are two shelves of mags in Library!)
- Commonly touched surfaces (read package of cleaning product; must say "disinfect")
- Sanitize doorknobs/bars
- Sanitize sink handles and knobs
- Sanitize toilet flush switches
- Sanitize toilet sink
- This page is in the Volunteer Desk category because cleaning volunteers are overseen by the volunteer desk.