Direct Deposit of paychecks
This page was last updated in 2007. It does not represent our current policy and procedure on direct deposit of paychecks. Please talk to HR if you are interested in direct deposit. -- Mkille 23:59, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
The C7 committee determines, according to our cash flow status, the maximum number of staff that can get direct deposits. As of 10/28/06, there is no limit on how many people can get direct deposits.
How to add someone
(Call our Paychex Specialist 503-620-6800 to doublecheck if this is still the right process.)
- Fill out a direct deposit form.
- Form is available on the application server in /usr/local/fgstaff/forms directory
- See our Free_Geek's status as a nonprofit for our Federal ID number
- See /usr/local/beancounters/payroll/staffworksheet.gnumeric on the application server under the paychex tab for the client number
- Worker must sign form.
- Get voided check from worker who wants direct deposit
- Tape a voided check securely over the access card portion of the form.
- Fax completed form with voided check to Paychex at least 5 business days before the payroll call is due if you want it to happen in any particular pay period.
The main problems with this process have been:
- people forgetting to sign their forms
- routing numbers of checks are unreadable (because check wasn't properly positioned during faxing)