Exit Procedure for NPAs
This page has been requested to be deleted.
NPA Exit Procedure
Because situations will vary, some of these steps will be more critical or time-sensitive in different cases. Documentation, however, is a must.
- Name of exiting NPA: ____________________
- Name of person completing checklist: _____________________
|NPA exit procedure||Date|
|Get keys and update Keyholders page. (this step may not be immediately necessary if they are on the schedule for substitute shifts)|
|Complete the Apprentice Exit Questionnaire|
|Determine status: for example, resigned / laid off / fired*|
|Confirm their address and phone number for our records|
|Get them their last paycheck (if they have substitute shifts on the schedule, this can wait as it is not their last day working at Free Geek)|
|Ask if they are interested in substituting. This is not necessary if they are being fired, or moving away from the area, or if there are other issues raised (at the discretion of the HR committee).|
|Notify Paychex (verify correct address is on the record for tax forms)|
|Review whether we need to change locks/passwords|
|Edit their database record, removing sign-in rights and cashier rights (unless they're okayed to continue volunteering or subbing in those roles)|
|Announce it to the community|
|Remove from the contact list and staff page on website.|
|Remove from the Non-profit Apprentices page on the wiki.|
|Update the RT Personnel Files.|
|In database, edit worker page. Change status to "inactive" starting on the first day the person is no longer working. Or, if the person is available for substitute shifts, change status to "substitute".|
|In scheduling software, remove from future shifts, standard shifts (used to generate future schedules), and any meetings.|
| Remove access code from the alarm system:
* Document decision and supporting evidence in their personnel file on RT. If they resigned (left of their own accord) request a letter of resignation including last day of work, last day on payroll, reason for leaving. (This documents that Free Geek did not terminate them, and helps keep our unemployment payments low.)
- Calls about former employees should go to members of the HR committee.
- Information about unemployment should go to HR as well.