Job Activities for Shawn Furst
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has been requested to be deleted.
- Job Title
- Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Original job description is at Volunteer Program Coordinator
My areas of work
- Intern program coordination 2-5 hrs/week
- Respond to incoming requests: screen and schedule interviews
- Update RT and wiki documentation throughout
- Deal with anomalies: interns volunteering who haven't applied, 10-hour volunteers, etc.
- Create relationships with new outside agencies as necessary
- Stay in communication with staff regarding scheduling and incoming interns
- Future: schedule quarterly meetings with staff re: interns and program
- Documentation: * Volunteer Intern Process for Supervisors * Volunteer Intern Process for Program Coordinators * Volunteer Internships Category
- Volunteer outreach/recruitment coordination 1 or so hr/week
- Keep online postings current and repost as necessary
- Call agencies/schools to follow up on postings, make sure we're doing it right, and create a relationship
- Documentation: Volunteer Recruitment
- Website maintenance 2-4 hours/week immediately after rollout, 1-2 hrs/week after that
- Documentation: coming soon!
- Website creation
- This won't be continuing after I'm gone. There're some hours for ironing out the wrinkles in website maintenance above.
- Event coordination 2-10 hours/week starting ~3 months before event
- Generally one of 3 or so leads on events. Includes overall coordination and filling in where we have no coordinators for an area - tents, publicity, etc.
- Documentation: Events Category
- Newsletter 4 hours during the month it's written
- Call for articles, gather special info (like for annual report, new classes or programs) if appropriate, research "happenings", edit incoming articles, write content, format newsletter
- Health plan maintenance 5-10 hrs in November, 1-2 hrs/month other months
- Put new collective members onto plan; remove outgoing members
- Make state continuation arrangements with outgoing members
- Ask questions of insurance broker and Kaiser as necessary, document new info
- Check invoices/payments
- Work with HR and whole of staff once a year to review/change health plan if necessary
- Documentation: Health Insurance and on application server fgstaff/health
- Phone system administration
- When new phones go in: coordinate new networking and hardware acquisition and installation, clean and install handsets, update documentation on phones, in fgstaff, and in greetings
- Create and teach to use new mailboxen
- Record greetings for holidays, etc.
- Configure phones as necessary in answer to problems
- Documentation: Phones Category, and on application server fgstaff/phones
- Commies 4 hrs/month
- Special requests from outside organizations/groups; also mild tabling coordination
- Front desk - 7 hrs/week
- Build workshops - 4 hrs/week
- Prebuild - 1 hr/week
- Receiving - 3 hrs/week
- Adoption classes - 2 hrs/week