This is a resource for scheduling large group tours only. Inreach is the primary organizer of large tours. If they are interested in tours AND volunteering, have them send an email to volunteer@ to be processed by the Volunteer and Front Desk Coordinator. If they're only requesting a tour send an email to inreach@ with the following info:
Monday, June 24th 2013
Metro Hazardous Waste Conference Attendants
- Time: 1:30pm
- tour focus: Reuse, Recycling, volunteer programs
- how many?:35 adults, split in 2 groups, meet in the warehouse
- Group Contact: Kary? she will email beginning of June to confirm,
- FG contact: Darren/Liane
- please put out cones earlier in the day for a large tour bus to park for 1 hr
info to include
- Date & time requested?
- Contact info: name/phone number/email
- Number on tour?
- Age? (if school tour)
- Special needs?
- Focused tour? (techy, political, etc.)
- Volunteering as a group afterward? (direct toward Liane)
- FG Staff contact: your name here (it's okay, Inreach can reassign)
Then, Inreach or lead planner fills out the rest:
- Assigned tour guides: who agrees to do it
- Confirmed? y/n
- Contact notified of confirmation/denial? y/n, date
Large tour concerns
- Dismantling floppies, other tasks for splitting large tour groups up
- Block out recycling table in schedule & let recycling know (need safety goggles and gloves for all)
- Do we have staff,intern, volunteer with one group recycling while the other group is on the tour?
- Should the adults/contacts take tour first to answer any questions the kids may have?