How should Free Geek grow its PR efforts in the next 3 years?
- Do more outreach to corporations
- This includes acquiring a vehicle
- More outreach to media outlets and sources of volunteers
- We'd be using a spiffy printed and online media kit for this.
- The media kit would need to be maintained, too.
- Dedicate staff time to create regular press releases
- Create more regular email (and possibly printed!) newsletters
- Re-do brochure
- Bigger, groovier-looking, more eye-catching
- Possibly create 2 or 3 new brochures targeted at volunteers, donors, ewaste education, etc.
- Gather, take, work with a volunteer to take, and/or pay someone to take a nice set of file photos for outreach materials
- Create a website that's easier to maintain and contains more information
- Pursue info on ewaste legislation and how it would affect us from DEQ
- Integrate new procedures and stats caused by ewaste legislation into outreach materials
- Get better stats and testimonials from people we benefit for outreach/grantwriting/fundraising materials
- Work with the bookkeeping department to create a good system for acquiring annual report data
- Potentially, continue to work with state legislature to market our model to state government as a way to save money and deal with the problem of ewaste
- Along the way, involve volunteers as much as possible in every facet. They'll be usable in an ongoing way in maintaining the website and writing press releases.
While good outreach materials and a good plan to get the word out will help Free Geek saturate more of the public with our meme and help us get ahead after the ewaste legislation goes into effect, we still want to maintain our hip, laid-back, no-nonsense style. We don't want to media slickster yes men running any sort of show here, kids. Word.
|Good (for Free Geek)||Bad (for Free Geek)|
(to Free Geek)
Strengths: Strengths are advantages we have that are internal to Free Geek and helpful to achieving the objective. (Good things we do.)
Weaknesses: Weaknesses are problems we have that are internal to Free Geek and harmful to achieving the objective. (Things we do poorly or not at all.)
(to Free Geek)
Opportunities: Opportunities are advantages we have that are external to Free Geek and helpful to achieving the objective. (Good things that will or could happen to us.)
Threats: Threats are problems we have that are external to Free Geek and harmful to achieving the objective. (Bad things that will or could happen to us.)