The Warehouse Support Staff is an ongoing non-collective staff position necessary for the successful operation of Free Geek. This job's main responsibilities are the training and support of Recycling volunteers, prioritizing of material flow in the Recycling area, and the day-to-day operation of the warehouse.
- Share responsibility of warehouse layout and traffic flow.
- Maintain and supervise recycling area.
- Prioritize recycling tasks.
- Train volunteers to perform required recycling tasks and provide ongoing support for volunteers.
- Train volunteers in safety procedures.
- Coordinate with Receiving regarding donation flow.
- Share responsibility for managing gaylord storage area.
- Coordinate with Recycling Coordinators regarding tool needs, repair, maintenance, supplies.
- Share forklift driving responsibility (we'll provide training).
- Be aware of safety on the job.
- Abide by Expectations for All Paid Workers
- Experience with volunteer coordination.
- Basic computer knowledge including use of web browser, email and word processor, database and spreadsheet.
- Is self-motivated and able to multi-task; work almost entirely without supervision but not be afraid to ask questions.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to operate pallet jack operation (training provided).
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Able to work be courteous and friendly under stress in an unusual, somewhat chaotic setting.
- Able to remain flexible as Free Geek grows and changes.
- Strong interest in recycling practices and new recycling technologies.
- Aptitude for teaching a wide range of volunteers.
- Previous driving or forklift operation is a plus.
- Previous warehouse work experience is a plus.