Town hall meeting
From the 2011 governance proposal:
- [The town hall meeting is] "a regular (at least annual) large, structured, facilitated event for volunteers, staff, and board to fulfill the following functions:
- elect core volunteer board seats
- increase FG volunteer community's familiarity with board members and function, other volunteers, staff
- involved in the vision generation piece of strategic planning.
- Dedication to outreach for this event will be crucial in fulfilling the "low bar to participation" and "democratic" criteria, as well as principle 5. Both candidates to represent core volunteers and those eligible to participate in selecting them will be core volunteers [people who have volunteered for 30 days within the past year]. The board will be responsible for seeing that this event is appropriately planned and that community input generated at these meetings is integrated into the organization's plans for the future."
Some work has been done on planning for the Town Hall Meeting by the ad hoc transition committee, set up by the council. Their meeting notes are here, should eventually be integrated into this page, along with some of the council decisions from May 2011.
For a list of pages and other documents related to Town Hall Meetings, and especially to the election process that some Town Hall Meetings will include: http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Election_Document_Depository --kathey 09:49, 14 September 2011 (UTC)