- Standing C7 Committee
- Mission: The standing committee structure, liaison with board and council especially regarding policy development, financial considerations.
- Programs: Policy development, load balancing of the committees, liaison with Free Geek Community Council and Free Geek Board of Directors, nominations to the various committees, proposals concerning changes to the committee structure itself; volunteer and staff scheduling; accounting and financial oversight.
- Email: c7 at freegeek.org
This page has been requested to be deleted.
C7 is pondering the Meta Question and to this end we're thinking about a scenario for Free geek's future. Read about it at Maximum Free Geek, Sister Free Geek, Fragmented Free Geeks, Government Subsidized Free Geek, and Expansionist Free Geek.
Want to know more about how Free Geek gets its money? Read Where the Money Comes From.
C7 should oversee the budget for Free Geek.
- Receiving and Paying Bills
- Creating Invoices
- Anticipating Recycling Income
- Receiving Payments on Invoices
- Direct Deposit of paychecks
There is now a page where folks can take a peek at our basic financial information.
- Advances on payroll to staff members
- Receiving and depositing money
- Writing Checks
- Purchasing items for Free Geek with cash or debit card
- Taking out loans for Free Geek
- When to write off overdue invoices
- Who do we invoice?
- Fiscal Sponsorship - what is it? do we want to do it?
- Audit Process
(Your actual expense budget goes here, along with explanatory notes, for example notes indicating which months expenses are expected to happen in,.)
(This is where one time expenses would go. Yearly or more often go above.)
(This is for notes that indicate expenses that affect your committee but are actually classified under a different committee.)
- Not much impact from the truck for the first two months in Q2, but by June we'll see some measurable activity. Next budget cycle we'll need to pay more attention. 4-5 trips per month once things get started. Each will bring in a $40-50 service fee, some amount of donations, and monitor fees.